Financial Growth for LGBTQ Scholarship
We’re providing a student who identifies as LGBTQ with a $750 scholarship for spring winter / spring session of the 2015-2016 school year.
Behind the Scholarship
To grow your career and financial success, some combination of supervisors, competitors, customer, or clients need to recognize your value. It’s easier for people to recognize your value if it’s easy to find information about you. LinkedIn provides an opportunity to detail your academic and professional interests and success, while connecting with other professionals. LinkedIn also helps you be found through internal search and traditional web search.
Write 450-650 words for the prompt, “Five Ways LGBTQ Students Can Use LinkedIn to Enhance Their Financial Position.”
On a related note, you’re welcome to connect with me on LinkedIn and Google+. If you follow the rules when submitting an application, I will do my best to help provide career guidance…presuming you seek it.
By applying for this scholarship, you agree to provide co-authorship rights to your response to our prompt and you agree to allow us to post your biographical information. The winning response will be published on this site as a resource for other students to utilize. We may use your response to create a derivative work, such as an article or video. Your bio will be posted to provide transparency.
The Application Deadline is October 15, 2015.
The winner will be selected by November 5, 2015.
- We require proof that you are enrolled in at least 6 units at a two year college, trade school, four year college, or graduate school;
- We require government identification to verify that you are at least 18 years of age. This is required to make sure you have the legal ability to share publishing rights. We are not partial to an age group; and
- You must provide an official transcript establishing a minimum 2.3 college G.P.A. If you have not completed college classes, you must provide a transcript establishing a minimum 2.5 high school G.P.A.
- Friends and family of Johnson-Moo.com principals are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Submissions deemed plagiarized will not be considered.
- The scholarship award will be remitted on your behalf directly to your school for tuition or fees.
No purchase necessary.
The information you submit will not be sold or rented to any company. We may use it to determine your eligibility for, and contact you regarding, this scholarship. The only exception, as noted below, is that we plan on publishing the winning response and the name of the scholarship recipient. Information from applicants who are not awarded this scholarship will be purged as quickly as possible after a winner has been chosen.
A Winning Response
I plan on publishing the winning response on paymaster.co. I hope the winning response provides guidance and useful tips for students who identify as LGBTQ trying to navigate their way through the world of electronic networking.
The winning response should: 1) be easy to read and understand, 2) include practical, actionable advice or tips, and 3) be organized.
/s/ Jovan A. Johnson Esq.